To coincide with #irlday on 23 May, DCU Business School with the DCU LINK Research Centre’s Techspectations Initiative held a freemini-conference in the Gallery in the Helix on Tuesday 24th May. The Techspectations Summer Hospitality & Tourism Digital Marketing Summit was supported by the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association of Ireland.
The Summer Summit programme was designed to introduce Irish hospitality professionals to SEO tools and resources, Pay Per Click advertising, Social Media Marketing and more. The twitter hashtag for the event was #tourismdcu.
Over 85 people attended on the day to listen to a variety of domestic and international speakers including:
- Introduction & Getting Reputation Right – Dr. Theo Lynn, Director of Industry Engagement, DCU Business School
- Adwords & PPC for Irish Hospitality / Tourism – John Barron, Internet Marketing Director, Gravity Free [Presentation]
- SEO for Irish Hospitality / Tourism – Gilliam Meussig, President, SEOmoz [Presentation]
- Value of Social Media for Hospitality & Tourism – Krishna De, CEO, Biz Growth Media
- PeerIndex and the Role of Influence – Azeem Azhar, CEO, PeerIndex [Irish Tourism PeerIndex][The Consumer Decision Journey (Loyalty Loop) – McKinsey]
- Future of Hospitality Marketing – Michelle Conaghan, Business Development Manager, Avvio Ireland
The day concluded with a panel discussion on promoting Ireland moderated by Alex Gibson from Dublin Institute of Technology. The panel comprised Andrew Townley and John Twohig (Pocket Native), Gillian Meussig (President, SEOmoz), John Barron (Internet Marketing Director, Gravity Free), Michelle Conaghan (Business Development Manager, Avvio Ireland), David Quaid (CEO, Primary Position), and Brian Harte (Head of eMarketing, Tourism Ireland) with input from Dr. Theo Lynn and Krishna De from the audience.